Only 10 more vegs left to do... out of 87. Not too shabby. Now that the nest searchers are done with their vegs and obviously there are no more nests for the season, they've been coming out and helping us PCers finish our stuff up on the harder, especially unburned points. Patty came out with me once in the evening, and Viddy has twice, once in the morning and once in the evening. The evening we went out we were planning on getting two done, about 3 hours of work, but then it started thundering and pouring on us. Which was ridiculous, as it has only rained about 3 or 4 times in the whole time I've been here, and only once for the whole day. The other times were all just showers. We sat under a mahogany for a while, seeing if the storm would pass (the bulk of it was to our left), and plotting a possible bike tour of the Oregon coast next late summer/ fall.
So I'm glad veg. is almost done, but sad that it means it's the end of the season... here's some shots of Viddy and I doing veg. (I was slacking for about 2.2 seconds to take these pictures...)


Sometimes when I'm out doing veg I have to pinch myself. It's insane that I have been getting paid to work in such an awesome and beautiful place.
I've beeen working on the job search for the past few weeks sporadically when I come into town. When I get home on the 27th it will be in full swing until I find something for the fall/ winter. Who knows where I'll be at the end of August? I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
~me
some parting pronghorn that were checking me out as I hiked back from veg for the day:
No comments:
Post a Comment