Life at Badger Cabin, or Cadger Babin, as we affectionately refer to it, has been good. We've found our first nests of the season, and point counts are scheduled to start tomorrow. (They would have started yesterday, but the weather on Sheldon decided to make the sudden switch from sunny and hot, to cloudy and very, very windy.)Aaron came out with me on one of my plots yesterday to give me some pointers, and help out with the nest searching. I was happy though that I was the one to find the first nest of the season on my plot. I found two Brewers Sparrow nests, Aaron found two, and a visiting grad student who was out observing/ getting ideas for his own starting project, found one.
The Sheldon Crew jam sessions have begun again, and I've been thoroughly enjoying sitting out in front of the cabin in the evenings, listening, and watching the sun set over the hill beside the cabin, while sipping some scotch. Matt is becoming quite proficient at the fiddle, Keith has some mad banjo skills, and this year Aaron even made a wash tub base.

Yes... all in all, life is good out on the Sheldon.
No comments:
Post a Comment