June 05, 2007

En Route


5/22/07
5:18 pm according to my computer clock… really about 4:18 pm here in Chicago. I’m sitting in waiting area of Gate C27. I’ve got about an hour and a half to kill before my longest flight, 4 hours, to Portland OR. It would have been longer but my flight out of Boston was late, so then it was late out of Philadelphia. I’ve lost track of time and I’ve only gone through an hour change.
There’s wireless internet here (yay!), but you have to pay for it (boo.), 6.95 to just use it once. I’m still a cheap college student even though I’ve graduated. And I thought it would be fun to freak Andrew out with a random IM.
I got a phone message from Jan while I was in flight at some point, again, not sure of what time it really was, wishing me a good trip.
I made a friend in Boston and we chatted while waiting to board. Talked about birds and hiking the AT… which if I’m still bumming around home in March I may just consider.
I also made friends with the security people when I was a silly novice traveler and left my laptop in my bag.
"Who left the laptop in their bag???" yelled out the defeated and exasperated sounding X-ray machine watcher.
"Me…" I raised my hand and promptly became the black sheep of the group trying to get through security. Go me, and Dad told me they would want to see it. I guess I just didn’t know when. Right. Won’t make that mistake again.
Anyways, I’m gonna go see if I can rustle me up some grub. It smells like Chicago deep dish in here…
~me

No comments: