06/21/2007
The nest searchers at Badger just finished their first round of mammal trapping so they had the day off today… so last night was a celebration. We planned on going to bog hot in the evening after Matt finished his veg. and Viddy and Berti had switched out batteries on their nest cameras. So, naturally, while Justin, Patty, and then later, Berti and I were waiting for Matt’s and Viddy’s return we broke out the beer and whiskey. What ensued was antics with pronghorn antlers, the naming of our resident Belding’s Ground Squirrel “Cletus,” and later yelling at the inanimate hills for Viddy to return, we wanted to go swimming. We debated for a while sending Matt to go look for him. But decided against it. We should have, because a few minutes later Viddy came strolling down the hill through the sagebrush towards Badger Cabin with the battery pack strapped to his back… and no ATV. It wouldn’t start. He had just walked about an hour back to the cabin.
After about 10 minutes of hurried packing we all piled into the truck, and with Matt at the wheel we drove to Bog Hot with the setting sun behind us. Viddy, Patty, and I had an impromptu dance party in the backseat to MIA as we sped along the dirt road out of Sheldon. We arrived at Bog Hot just as it was getting dark, washed up with some lavender Dr. Bronners, and watched the stars for a while. I thought I saw 3 sattelites moving through the sky, but no one else did.
We left sooner than the previous visit because it was getting late and Justin, Matt and I still had to do point counts this morning, which meant getting up at 4. We arrived back at Badger Cabin at around 11. We promptly piled out of the truck, and into our tent for the night.
When I got back from my point counts this morning I entered my data right away, ate a snack, then took a nap. It was glorious.
The point counters drove back to Bald this afternoon, and after dinner I headed out to do another round of veg. When I returned Matt and Justin were making a late dinner. While I was waiting for some water to boil for tea, and they were cooking we were joking around in the kitchen. We decided that we’re going to write another Sheldon related song, besides “Badger Mountain.” This one will be to the tune of Ludacris’ “Move b****” and will include the lyrics “Move sagebrush, get out the way… I’ve gotta be at my first point at 5:48!” We’re special. Tomorrow’s my birthday… and a day off. Excellent.
~me
1 comment:
Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send us the photo of your computer desk.
We'll publish on our blog!.
And if you want link us your blog, so we’ll publish on our.
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com
Post a Comment